Emmanuel Verraes has an extensive experience in intellectual property rights, media & entertainment law and ICT-law. Years of experience as a former legal and business affairs director within music and television companies have resulted in a comprehensive understanding of the sector and its related legal domains.
He advises a wide range of players from the creative sector, be they multinational or independent recording companies, artists or composers, artist managers, publishers, management companies, radio & television broadcasters, audiovisual production companies, scriptwriters and directors, actors and celebrities, authors, journalists, architects, designers, visual artists and art galleries, promo & marketing agencies, event & concert promoters, as well as any other enterprise having intellectual property in its assets.
Dutch, English, French, German
- Master of Laws – University of Leuven (KUL) (B), 2001
- LLM in Intellectual Property Law – Queen Mary, University of London (UK), 2002
Membership and Activities
- Member of the Brussels’s Bar (B), since 2012
- Registered legal consultant at the Bar of New York (USA), since 2016
- Member of the Federal Public Service Economy Committee for consultations concerning collective copyright and related rights management (nominated by Ministerial Decree of 26 October 2011)
- Member of the Association Littéraire Internationale du Droit d’Auteur (BVA), since 2000
- Member of the International Association of Entertainment Lawyers (IAEL), since 2004
- Member of the Beneluxvereniging voor Merken- en Modellenrecht (BMM), since 2011
- Vice-President of the Brussels Bar Association (VPG)
- Author of publications and guest lecturer
- R. BLANPAIN (ed.), E. VAN HEUSDEN, E. VERRAES, M. VERROKEN, “Auteurscontracten voor educatieve en wetenschappelijke uitgaven”, 3rd ed., Brugge, Vanden Broele, 2016