Richard LaRue is a Quebec, Canada lawyer who has been practicing law both in Europe, from a Brussels base, as well as in Quebec, Canada and the U.S. He was admitted to the practice of law in Quebec in 1983 and was admitted as an Associate Member of the Brussels Bar in 1994.
Richard LaRue has worked extensively with biotech and software companies, including start-ups, for all aspects of their business, including their constitution, the negotiation and drafting of international agreements and their equity and debt financing. As Canada and Europe are gearing up for the application of the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), he looks forward to helping you out with this also.
Richard LaRue began his practice in Montreal, Canada with a top-tier Canadian law firm and then traveled to Brussels in 1992 to reinforce another reputable Canadian firm’s Brussels workforce heading into the European Single Market.
He offers a full range of services to individuals and others interested in or already involved with Quebec or Canada. Richard LaRue is also a Chartered Administrator since 1982 and has been recognized by the International Bar Association and the College of Law of England and Wales (now known as the University of Law) as a fellow in the Practice of International Law.
He is a long-time Member and Director of the CanCham BeLux, which is the Canada-Belgium-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Brussels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration – Finance – Université Laval, Québec (CA), 1980
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Law – Université Laval, Québec (CA), 1982
- Common Law/Civil Law Exchange Program – Université de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Québec (CA) and Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia (CA), 1982
- Belgian Civil Law Diploma Equivalency – Université Libre de Bruxelles (BE), 1994
- Fellow in the International Practice of Law (Jointly awarded by the College of Law and the International Bar Association), 2008
Membership and Activities
- Associate Member of the Brussels Bar, since 1994
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association, since 1982
- Member and Director of the CanCham BeLux, since 1994
- Member of the International Bar Association, since 2006
- Associate Member of the American Bar Association, since 2006
- Member of the Association of Corporate Counsel, since 2011