Nancy Maes was admitted to the Brussels Bar in 1993. After initial experience as a litigator in the area of liability and insurance law, she oriented her practice to complex litigation and dispute resolution in commercial law, professional disciplinary law, pharmaceutical and medical law. She is also advising several non-profit professional bodies, both on the legal aspects of their organisation as well as in relation to their actions and strategies to defend their profession and their members’ interests.
Since 2021, Nancy Maes is also an accredited mediator in civil and commercial matters.
Before joining Flinn, Nancy Maes was active as a partner in a renowned Brussels law firm until 2007. She then worked as in-house legal counsel for the Belgian Pharmacists’ association until 2011, after which she rejoined practice at the Brussels Bar.
Judicial statistics confirm the high number of cases being brought before the Court of Justice (CJEU) and the General Court of the European Union.Read more
De bonnes intentions en ce début d'année 2023 qui s’annonce agitée ! Faites-vous appel à un "médiateur agréé" ou à un "médiateur d'entreprise » ?Read more
Goede voornemens bij de aanvang van een woelig 2023! Doet u beroep op een “erkend bemiddelaar” of op een “ondernemingsbemiddelaar”?Read more
Dutch, French, English
- Master of Laws – University of Leuven (KUL) (B),1993
- Authorised legal educator – University of Leuven (KUL) (B), 1993
- Certificate ‘Cassation’ procedure in criminal affaires – Brussels’ Bar, 2016
Membership and Activities
- Member of the Brussels’ Bar (B), since 1993
- Lecturer in pharmaceutical law at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), since 2011
- External member of the Disciplinary Authority “Tuchtcommissie van Gerechtsdeurwaarders te Brussel”