The General Data Protection Regulation or ‘GDPR’ will apply throughout the EEA, to all sectors of economic activity, from 25 May 2018.
It establishes much stricter requirements to be able to practical compliance with the new data protection rules.
FLINN lawyers have long-term experience advising on privacy rules beginning with the implementation of the previous 1995 EU Data Privacy Directive. We have recently appointed Leonard Hawkes, CIPP/E (IAPP certified) as Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) at FLINN
The link(s) below provide you with access to our FREE toolkit* which contains a number of documents to help with implementing the GDPR in your business.
- GDPR compliance – A first assessment questionnaire
- The general data protection regulation: a brief overview
- Declaration of consent: photographs or image recordings
- Cookies policy model
- Do I need (to carry out) a data protection impact assessement (“DPIA”) or not?
- Do I need (to appoint) a data protection officer?
- FLINN GDPR brochure
*The toolkit is provided for illustrative purposes only. It is not legal advice and may not cover all relevant issues. It is not intended and should not be used as a substitute for seeking appropriate legal advice in any particular case.