Len Hawkes has practiced EU, International and English law from Brussels since 1984. As well as commercial law advice and drafting contracts his practice includes dispute resolution regarding competition (anti-trust), and international trade, data privacy and energy law & regulation.
Len Hawkes originally practiced law as a barrister before he re-qualified as a solicitor in 1993 and became the Brussels Partner of a City of London firm of solicitors. After which he was European Counsel in Brussels & London to a major, NY headquartered, US law firm. He is Counsel to Flinn.
Len Hawkes lectures regularly on comparative contract law.
- University of Kent BA (Hons.) Law, 1979
- Barrister at Law – Inns of Court School of Law, 1980
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales, 1993
Membership and Activities
- Member of the European Lawyers List of the Brussels’ Bar (B), since 1984
- Member of the UK Association for European Law (UKAEL), since 2017
- ‘’ “Prospectives” For Future UK – EU Relations’’, Editor Newsletter of the Colloquium, Brussels School for International Studies (March 2017)
- ‘’Does applying merger control analysis give some useful insights into the ‘legal separation’ of BT and Openreach proposed by Ofcom?’’, in Practical Law (December 2016)
- “ ”Goods, Services or “Content”? The Proposed Directive on Contracts for the Supply of Digital Content to consumers”, in Digital Europe (April 2016)